CEED Topper Interview

dqlabsseo1

After securing 15th rank in CEED 2017, Srinag KA says that he got into IIT Bombay mainly because of his handmade product. “I'd suggest students make at least one handmade product and present the examiners how to use them.” Studying Transportation design now, Srinag talks about the preparations he went through and how he chose to learn design initially.

1. How did you prepare for CEED?

A: Initially, DQ Labs helped me with sketching and we had a timetable to cover topics. I practiced a lot to be an all-rounder in basics.

2. How long did you take to prepare?

A: I started a year before the exam. I went to DQ Labs for coaching.

3. How did DQ Labs help you with preparation?

A: Their contribution was immense. The faculty helped a lot with the way I looked at things. The study material and mock tests were helpful. I learned to present the design and coming up with them simultaneously because of Velu sir.

4. How did you prepare for Part A?

A: I practiced the basics so that I didn’t have to face any problem in the future. I took mock tests and went through previous years’ question papers. I focused on aptitude, General Knowledge and analysis. During the exam, I highlighted the questions I wasn’t confident about and went on to answer the ones I knew. It’s not wise to take risks for Part A as it has negative marking. It’s very important to read the question twice or thrice to answer properly.

5. What about Part B?

A: I focused on perspectives and proportions, shadow and reflection sketching and detailing. I also concentrated on showing my thought processes and problem-solving skills.

6. What are some tips that you can give aspiring students who are attempting CEED next year?

A: I think one of the most important things to do well in CEED is observing the environment and question them the way they are. Not only did I learn to find solutions for design problems, I learned to present it better. Talking to peers would help you gain the fresh perspective. Solving mock papers and join online or crash courses if you don’t know the basics. Try to be an all-rounder in basics, only then its possible to do better in the future. Know the basics of photography, animation, and photoshop as it will help for the portfolio and studio test. Focus on communicating ideas and design solutions. It is okay if you compromise on your final product, but show your thought process to the examiner. Present it in such a way that a layman can read it.

7. Were you always interested in design?

A: I didn’t explore options for my future during 12th grade. I knew I was interested in design though. So I learned to sketch by watching YouTube videos and also joined online courses to improve on it.

For more such interesting articles visit our website: https://edge.dqlabs.in/articles/

After securing 15th rank in CEED 2017, Srinag KA says that he got into IIT Bombay mainly because of his handmade product. “I'd suggest students make at least one handmade product and present the examiners how to use them.” Studying Transportation design now, Srinag talks about the preparations he went through and how he chose to learn design initially.

1. How did you prepare for CEED?

A: Initially, DQ Labs helped me with sketching and we had a timetable to cover topics. I practiced a lot to be an all-rounder in basics.

2. How long did you take to prepare?

A: I started a year before the exam. I went to DQ Labs for coaching.

3. How did DQ Labs help you with preparation?

A: Their contribution was immense. The faculty helped a lot with the way I looked at things. The study material and mock tests were helpful. I learned to present the design and coming up with them simultaneously because of Velu sir.

4. How did you prepare for Part A?

A: I practiced the basics so that I didn’t have to face any problem in the future. I took mock tests and went through previous years’ question papers. I focused on aptitude, General Knowledge and analysis. During the exam, I highlighted the questions I wasn’t confident about and went on to answer the ones I knew. It’s not wise to take risks for Part A as it has negative marking. It’s very important to read the question twice or thrice to answer properly.

5. What about Part B?

A: I focused on perspectives and proportions, shadow and reflection sketching and detailing. I also concentrated on showing my thought processes and problem-solving skills.

6. What are some tips that you can give aspiring students who are attempting CEED next year?

A: I think one of the most important things to do well in CEED is observing the environment and question them the way they are. Not only did I learn to find solutions for design problems, I learned to present it better. Talking to peers would help you gain the fresh perspective. Solving mock papers and join online or crash courses if you don’t know the basics. Try to be an all-rounder in basics, only then its possible to do better in the future. Know the basics of photography, animation, and photoshop as it will help for the portfolio and studio test. Focus on communicating ideas and design solutions. It is okay if you compromise on your final product, but show your thought process to the examiner. Present it in such a way that a layman can read it.

7. Were you always interested in design?

A: I didn’t explore options for my future during 12th grade. I knew I was interested in design though. So I learned to sketch by watching YouTube videos and also joined online courses to improve on it.

Back