Can we pointing Domain to 2 server hosting?

scarlett

Hi all,

Really need help here.I just finish develop a website to my client.But here the problem.My client want to keep their email with current hosting with old vendor becoz they already paid them for email hosting...and i just host new website that i develop website in my hosting.

My question...how i can do it or what i need to tell to old vendor to do....so the domain for website pointing to my hosting...and email remain with them

I already ask them to do what they need to do...but i think the domain for the website still pointing to them...but they insist they already pointng to my hosting

how i can know the domain already pointing to me or still pointing pointing to their hosting?what proof i need to ask them that they already update the domain pointing to me?

Reallly appreciate any help

Thanks!

You can do this in a very simple way . Just provide your A record IP to your current hosting provider and tell them to poin the same in your records.

You can go to mxtoolbox.com and intodns.com and see what Ip address it shows there, if it shows your IP address then it means the same has been changed

I have noticed provisionhost.com would be best option to get server solutions. Servers are affordable ans they work perfectly. Support is skilled and responsive.

It is possible. I had set up similar type of set up earlier for one of the client, you need to put the reverse proxy on main server and map that to local ip of another server.

Just don't forgot to uncomment & configure few lines in settings.php about reverse proxy.

Yes, it is can be done. This is what you need to do:

1)Edit the current “DNS settings” for domain name.

2)Change the “@” record under “A (Host) Records” and www records to web server IP. And it should be dedicated IP.

By doing so, you can only make changes in two settings that will result in domain pointing to the web server.

Back