Can I open AdSense Ads In A New Window

truevagabond

While using DFP there are two options and they are to open the advertisement in the same Window and the other option is that the Advertisement will be opened in a new Window. Please tell if adsense allows opening the ad in a new window. The benefit of this will be that the visitors will not have to leave my website if they want to click some google advertisemnt.

Any body if aware of Google AdSense policy on opening ads in new windows please guide me what to do under these circumstances or any other way around of this problem.

It is against the rules. You can not modify any of the Google AdSense code. If you are caught you will get banned. You can add a line of code in your header that will make all links open up in a new tab, thus preventing you from having to code each link "<base target='_blank' />". But you have to be careful because every link on your blog will open in a new window and that can really annoy users and you might still be breaking Google's TOS.

Last edited:
Don't attempt to modify anything about the Google AdSense code! It's stated in their terms of agreement that if you modify or alternate the AdSense code that you've been provided, you could get banned and your earnings revoked. Just don't edit anything about it. Great tip from Kina to launch all links as new tabs, but yeah, it might annoy the visitor.

I think this would be against Google's TOS, since I believe doing that would block the referring site from being passed along. If that's the case, it would be relatively easy for Google to flag this and get your account suspended.

Back