Can any one advice me any open source cms

tanveerhabib

Hello all,

I want to become a web designer and want to an open source cms software by which I should be able to design any kind of php website without knowing the basics of php and mysql database.

please share it. thanks..

There is actually a web site you should check out called OpenSourceCMS.com. They have hundreds of open source scripts already installed, including CMSes, so you can see how they look to the end user as well as in the Admin panel. You can play around with them all without having to install all of them separately yourself. The scripts will reset themselves back to a default installation like every 15 minutes or so.

Wordpress would be my top choice these days, for many reasons. But if you are looking for something a little more stripped down, I would suggest Website Baker. It's pretty easy to use and easy to skin.

WordPress or Joomla - However I would recommend WordPress!

Hi Tanveer,

We would definitely suggest you to go with WordPress if you want to create a very simple yet elegant website. There are many reasons for this. For example, there are plenty of plugins available for almost every single need of yours.

There are lot of forums and blogs other sources to get you instant help on any of the questions that you may have.

You will certainly be able to expand your website as and when you need.

You will have plenty of free themes available to give you a structure of your website, which you may use to create your own theme.

Again, with Joomla 3.2 I think you have a strong competition between the two, as Joomla 3.2 is equally good and highly user friendly.

I would suggest you to start with Wordpress and if needed you can take help from some professional WordPress Developers.

I recommend WordPress. It has the market share of websites now, so you know there is a huge supply of potential clients. Pick a niche - if you like gaming, develop themes specifically for gamers and target that market. While working on themes, you will also pick up a little knowledge on php.

Wordpress would be my top choice these days, for many reasons. But if you are looking for something a little more stripped down, I would suggest Website Baker. It's pretty easy to use and easy to skin.

When I was reading the OP's post my first thought was "why don't you use WordPress?" It is so customisable that you can do pretty much anything you want with it. :)

Like the above poster says, you should go with wordpress. Joomla is very good but requires some studying beforehand, and drupal is even more difficult. If you are looking to learn more about web development then you can go with joomla as there are many tutorials available and you will be forced to use them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, WordPress is no doubt the best CMS out there! I'd happily pay for WordPress, it's that good! And I'm the type of guy that usually wouldn't pay for any software.

Back