Best Way To Send Money To India From US

truevagabond

If any body can discuss what are they methods and best ways to send and remit money to India from Unites States. Currently using western union but the fees is quite high but it takes few minutes for the money to be transferred to India from US but still if any body know better and cheap method of sending money to India which offers a good , secure and reliable service to remittance to India.

I prefer PayPal. I've been using the same one account for over three years now, for both receiving and sending payment to anyone who has an account. Although I believe it isn't available in some countries.

I prefer PayPal. I've been using the same one account for over three years now, for both receiving and sending payment to anyone who has an account. Although I believe it isn't available in some countries.

I'm not 100% sure where I read it but I believe Indian users have a fair bit of trouble with PayPal, if I recall correctly PayPal either isn't available in India or they have no way of withdrawing. I'll try and dig it up but just a heads up.

Paypal is the way to go when sending money internationally. If you don't want to deal with the whole online money sending method, I would go to Western Union for sending money to another country.

I would try using Xoom. I've been using it for a couple years now. When you send money to an HDFC bank account or Punjab National Bank it literally gets there in less than a minutes. Plus, no fees if you send over $1,000. I would recommend trying it! :)

Have you checked xoom.com lately? Xoom now offers best exchange rates to India ever on top its Instant deposit feature. I would highly recommend.

I am currently working on a revolutionary way to transfer and exchange currencies (finmates (dot)com). Hopefully will launch within 3-4 month. Take a few minutes to fill in the surveys, it will be very helpful and will let you save money on transfers in the future :)

Back