Best place to sell domains?

Soliloquy

I recently began listing a domain for sale on Flippa, but abandoned the listing process once I realized the fee for listing was $39, and I didn't expect the domain to bring in that much to make it worth the listing fee. I'm sure it's a good place to list higher-priced domains, just not for me. I know people will say advertise them here on the forum, but practically every small forum has a marketplace these days. What's the best online marketplace (forum based or not) for maximum visibility when selling a domain name?

Off the top of my head, Digital Point. On the up-side, there's no big fees: once you achieve full member status (by getting a few likes on your posts), you can just list stuff in their marketplace. On the down-side, the buyers tend to be a LOT better informed than most other places, so posting ads with silly prices for low-end domains doesn't work.

I've sold advertising space on there and it's a perfectly acceptable medium, with a LOT of visitors.

Yes, I can vouch for Digital Point. I haven't sold or bought any domains there but I have got a number of writing contracts from there. There is an active community at Digital Point. There's always someone looking to buy or sell something. If you want a quick sale and don't mind a lower price, you might try ForumPromotion. That forum is populated by forum owners and some of these people are always ready to buy up domain names at good prices.

Yes, You can sell your domain on Forums Market Place.
Digital Point is an active discussion board and has lots of traffic.
You can also list your domain here on the forum Market Place section or list your domain on Ebay Domain selling section.

There are tons of websites where you can sell your domain at. Sedo is a good website where you can sell your domain, but it's best if you have a good domain that you're willing to sell because they get 10% commission, $50 being the minimum amount. eBay is another alternative you can use, it's fairly simple to set up and sell a domain there. Just be careful that you're not getting ripped off since some domains can cost a lot.

What about new domain names (some film about new gTLDs that I found in web)? I mean new gtlds like: .film .guru .vip etc. Does exist at the moment place where you can trade new domain extensions, those which have already been released by ICCAN?

afternic : good marketplace since this is a partner of godaddy it also lists your domains in godaddy auctions

sedo and flippa : good marketplace for premium domains

grabflip : this is good because it is free you dont need to pay listing fee or commission fee here

namepros and dnforum : you dont get good price for your domains here since the majority of these forum users are domainers

Last edited:
Yes, I can vouch for Digital Point. I haven't sold or bought any domains there but I have got a number of writing contracts from there. There is an active community at Digital Point. There's always someone looking to buy or sell something. If you want a quick sale and don't mind a lower price, you might try ForumPromotion. That forum is populated by forum owners and some of these people are always ready to buy up domain names at good prices.

Back