Benefits of using Windows 8

sweetcorn

Now a days new laptops have windows 8 in them and not windows 7. I have seen a views of windows 8 but haven't used it. Is it better than windows 7. I have even heard of windows phone which have windows 8 in them and look somehow like tiles. What are the benefits of using windows 8?

I would stick to 7 if I had the choice, unless you have a touchscreen laptop. 8 really isn't that good on a desktop, and Microsoft need to sort it out at least for the next Windows release otherwise they will lose market share!

The task manager and system refresh feature are the only cool things I've seen on Windows 8.

Windows 8 (8.1 really) isn't as bad as many make it seem. The 8.1 update let's the desktop users have their old style back (which I do really prefer) and still keeps the nice, flat designed Metro design for people who have touch screen devices!

Windows 8 (8.1 really) isn't as bad as many make it seem. The 8.1 update let's the desktop users have their old style back (which I do really prefer) and still keeps the nice, flat designed Metro design for people who have touch screen devices!

Yeah the 8.1 update is a smart move by MS. Should have been included on launch though! I guess it's like many things though, once you get used to it you'll be happy with it. Windows 8 is a bit silly though, I mean it's designed for touch devices... how many laptops and desktops currently have touch screens?

Windows 8 has been a failure looking at the current scenario. The best you could get out of Windows 8 would be by installing it in a touch capable machine. That's the best use case for it. If not, I'd suggest sticking to Windows 7 until Microsoft takes care of the issues.

I've been using windows 8 for months now. And I now love it even though I'd a very bad impression of it before I got it with a new laptop. I run into compatibility issues sometimes though, but that's not really a problem to me.

However, when they made the OS, microsoft flopped by not really considering desktop users as windows 8 is best used with touchscreen and touchpad computers.

The full merits of windows 8 can be seen only if you are using a touch screen based laptop. Otherwise you may feel clumsy when you start to use windows 8.

As you can surely tell from all of the posters above me, Windows 8 isn't exactly the best platform out right now. It seems it still has quite a few kinks that Microsoft needs to work out before it can become a good option to Windows 7. With that being said, I would suggest Windows 7 for now.

Back