Benefit of short url?

While searching the web for examples of successful implementation of the url shortening service, I realized that all the interest of the service is either marketing or usual but no benefit in terms of SEO optimizations pure . even when I draw some conclusions:

The primary objective of using url shortener is no SEO since the links and not spend any credit used to the destination page.

URL shorteners, such as tinyurl, are services that help take longer URLs (which can be over a hundred characters long) and transform them into manageable links that

almost never exceed 20 characters.its benefits are:-
They make links more manageable
They can track and compile click data
They can be transformed into social media services
They can provide users useful features
They promote sharing

reclaim rubber

Well, I suppose shortening URLs make links more manageable. They can be transformed into social media services. Social media platforms like twitter have restrictions of 140 characters so shorten URL helps you to sharing content with links.

Having short urls is good for users. Short urls are easier to Read, Easier to Remember.

Last edited:
Short URL is easy to remember and share.
It shorts multiple pages in one URL.

I don't think shorten URL is relevant to SEO.
Shorten URL is more applicable to social media sharing, or mobile marketing.
Like for example in twitter, the no. of characters you can post or share is limited to 140.
Meaning, if you want to share a url and you need to cut it down you can shorten it.

There is no benefit of shorty URL in SEO but it is useful on micro blogging sites that allow usage of limited number of characters.

Back