Before I purchase?

Jowjo5

I have an Ipad and I am wondering about buying a keyboard for it. Are they full size like standard keyboards? And do you switch over to a mouse or do you still use your touch screen?

I will soon be working with it daily so I need to make it easier to work with. I need to type on a keyboard for speed as well. I am still at the searching stage of this so if you have any suggestions for me it would be awesome.

Any advice would be appreciated.

It really depends upon you what type of keyboard you will like to use with the Ipad. I use a keyboard which can be folded and therefore it is very easy to carry with iPad all the time. The full size keyboard although is more comfortable but it have some weight and some it occupies some space too.

The keyboard would be a welcome edition. It will be a little weird at first, but it's something you will get used to very fast. It's like learning how to drive. Once you get the hang of it, you're good to go.

Ipad with Keyboard

Personally, I do not like doing anything more than simple stuff such as social media, reading, and some games on my ipad. I stick to my laptop for the actual computer work. I guess if I had a keyboard it would be a little better but if you are going to go through all the trouble of setting it up why not just get a thin laptop like a macbook air? I guess its just me but I thought the purpose of an ipad was mobility and having to sit down with a keyboard limits mobility (in my opinion).

I would not use a keyboard with an iPad, I think that is why they got rid of the keyboard to make it easily portable. If you must use an external keyboard, please choose one that can be folded easily. Plus the keyboard just makes the iPad look out of place.

This is why I prefer some of the non Apple options out there. Lenovo for example makes the well received Yoga Notepad, which can fold back into a tablet or function as a laptop. Plus it's got a full operating system, not a mobile OS, so you can actually get work done on it, and not just use it to browse around on social media sites or play games.

If I were die hard Apple, I probably would have went with a MacBook Air instead of the iPad.

Mice don't work with iPads. On android a cursor will appear but not on iPads. A keyboard may be a good idea if you do a load of typing, but if you do then why didn't you buy a laptop?

Back