Battery life

George

I use to Charge my laptop for three times a day as I have alot of work to do,
Does this effects the battery life of the laptop? and how much does a battery life a new laptop has?

A laptop computer battery should last between two and four years, or around 1,000 full charges. The total lifetime of battery life is dependent on the type of battery your laptop has, how you use the battery, how it's charge, and how well you take care of the battery.

With a newer laptop you can expect five to seven hours in my experience. My four year old acer laptop ($500) gets about three two five hours. Even if you do not get your required/wanted battery life you can get an expanding or bigger battery to fullfill your needs.

I use to Charge my laptop for three times a day as I have alot of work to do,
Does this effects the battery life of the laptop? and how much does a battery life a new laptop has?

As already mentioned above, a laptop battery should last for about 1,000 full charges - or between two to four years in total (on average). You say you charge your laptop three times a day as you have a lot of work to do - do you also use it at the same time it's charging, or do you wait until it's fully charged? I believe that using it at the same time as charging it will decrease the battery life more extensively than waiting until it's fully charged and then using it. Is it an old laptop? If so, you might want to think about buying a replacement battery, they usually aren't that expensive.

normally laptop have 3 to 5 hour battery life but it all depend upon on work , if you are working on heavy application like playing game , Photoshop battery drain fast as compare to if you are working on ms word , Screen brightness also play a vital role in battery life. To improve battery life start less process close unwanted process try to keep laptop cool as fan consumed too much battery. Once in a 2 month completely drain battery and then plug in charger

Back