Android 4.4 KitKat

My phone still doesn't support it (and knowing Samsung, it probably never will) but from what I've seen so far in reviews and articles it's definitely worth it. Don't expect any major changes though, it's mostly just a bunch of performance and graphical updates.

My phone still doesn't support it (and knowing Samsung, it probably never will) but from what I've seen so far in reviews and articles it's definitely worth it. Don't expect any major changes though, it's mostly just a bunch of performance and graphical updates.

Surely it would come out for the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S4 though? Not all that optimistic at the chance of it being released for my ancient Galaxy S2 though, oh well. But yeah, I've heard its pretty good too but nothing groundbreaking really just small changes.

Surely it would come out for the Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S4 though? Not all that optimistic at the chance of it being released for my ancient Galaxy S2 though, oh well. But yeah, I've heard its pretty good too but nothing groundbreaking really just small changes.

If you have a "higher profile" smartphone you'll most likely receive the update someday, even if it does take a couple months for manufacturers and carriers to adapt. The S2 (on paper at least) is perfectly capable of running it, and it isn't the most obscure device either. Samsung are infamous for being lazy, but there's a pretty high chance it'll eventually be updated to Kitkat, if not by Samsung then one of the many popular ROMs (Cyanogenmod I believe already has a working version of it).

I have a Samsung Note 8.0 tablet, which it runs Android OS 4.2. I don't think it would support the Android OS 4.4 update yet because it has to go through Android OS 4.3 first, which I am hoping it will have Android OS 4.3 available someday. I have a very old phone, which runs Android 2.2, plus it is slow enough that I don't use it too much.

Back