Amazon Mechanical Turk, Making Money Online

Kiarnan

Hi Folks,

I was just curious, has anyone here ever been a "worker" for Amazon Mechanical Turk? If so, how would you rate your experience there ? Have you found any similar websites that offer micro-jobs ?

Regards,
Kiarnan

Amazon Mechanical Turk is a site where you sign up to do micro-jobs such as surveys, search engine optimization tasks, writing small articles etc. for small fees anywhere from a few cents upwards to around $100.00 for the best paying tasks. But the range is mostly around a few cents to a few dollars for most tasks which adds up over time if you are smart about which HITS (tasks) you take on. I am surprised that you did not see it on google. I just searched for it and it was the first link at the top of the page. I just signed up and have been playing around with it the past few days.

I have heard of Amazon Turk, but haven't used the site to make money. I just assumed that most of tasks on the site were low paying labor intensive jobs. I really show make an effort to at least check out the site. I might want to use it to outsource some basic tasks.

I too have head about the site, but never actually visited it. Is it worth becoming a worker there? What sort of jobs are available, and how fast do they pay? I may have a few friends who could use that site if it is useful and not some sort of site where you are promised a payment but then don't pay. I will check it soon myself.

I tried to sign up to MTurk but after filling out the form They (Amazon) said my application was rejected (perhaps because I'm from Canada. I wasn't really enthusiastic about it anyway because In Canada, Amazon only pays in Amazon Vouchers not cash.

Next I went to Microworkers.com - It's Not a bad site and I've earned about $25. by doing occasional work over the past week. (No get rich scheme but I work for the time I want and when I want and I don't have to drive anywhere to do the work) Some of the jobs are ridiculously long for little pay ( .10 to about 1.50 but I found the 30 cent jobs are about the best - be choosey - don't spend to long on a particular type of job - give yourself some time to learn the ropes - Good luck!

I tried to sign up to MTurk but after filling out the form They (Amazon) said my application was rejected (perhaps because I'm from Canada. I wasn't really enthusiastic about it anyway because In Canada, Amazon only pays in Amazon Vouchers not cash.

Next I went to Microworkers.com - It's Not a bad site and I've earned about $25. by doing occasional work over the past week. (No get rich scheme but I work for the time I want and when I want and I don't have to drive anywhere to do the work) Some of the jobs are ridiculously long for little pay ( .10 to about 1.50 but I found the 30 cent jobs are about the best - be choosey - don't spend to long on a particular type of job - give yourself some time to learn the ropes - Good luck!

Thank you so much for this information. I have heard of the Amazon Mechanical Turk program before. When I found out about the low paying rates, I was discouraged and decided it would not be worth my time to sign up. I've also heard of Microworkers, but I have never researched it. Based off of your experience with Microworkers, I think I would be willing to look into this. Thank you again.

I have used it, as far as online money making schemes go it is pretty easy, as new jobs always keep on coming. I made about $25 in a week doing jobs only for 1 - 2 hours per day. Obviously the pay is not as high as real life job, but it was pretty easy for online. They only pay in Amazon.com giftcards, no other way. I am Canadian, and I hardly ever shop on amazon, so for me, its not the best idea!

I will check out that Microworkers site, sensitiveguy, it might be more up my ally.

Mechanical Turks is the same, there are some jobs which take hours and people offer measly pennies for. I always stay away from those ones.

Hi,Kiarnan
I don't have that much idea about the site you have mentioned,but if you are searching for a solution to make money online then you can make money quickly by doing a online business.If you are interested then I would suggest you to do a online business which is based on reselling.As I am doing the reselling business by getting the reseller account from the site GoResellers.com .Using the account I am selling domain,hosting and SEO service to the client by fixing my own price and getting the commission from the provider.This online business will be helpful for students,retired peoples and home makers.

I have tried to access amazone turk two month ago but failed to get any task due to temp unavailability of task outside usa. Anyone know when it is going to resume it's services in India?

Back