Amazon destroying businesses

kai_uk

There are so many businesses closing down, particularly electrical stores as more and more people are choosing to buy their stuff from amazon. This is like supermarkets popping up in the local area forcing smaller stores out of business.

Will you support your local electrical store or will you simply buy your stuff from Amazon?

I would buy from Amazon or my local store depending on how fast I need the commodity. If I need a commodity the same day obviously I would go for my local store but if I can wait a few days then Amazon will be my destination. The problem with local stores is that they double or even triple prices of the commodities that is why people are now buying things online for less.

Yes, i do the same. I think we are going to see a permanent change in the high street and local stores. Retailers can't compete and are shutting down branches all over the country. We are going to be a nation of website browsers rather than walking the streets shopping for goods.

I would go to the physical store for any electrical parts because at least I can look at the size and other things. True, I think Amazon and other online stores have taken over the whole shopping experience, which offer a convenient way for people to shop online.

I try to support local stores, but the Amazon and other online prices are oh so tempting. I wonder if local retail outlets are a dying breed, and someday, we will get all our goods from online stores.

Back