Amazon Cookie Duration

passive-income

I am thinking of trying amazon.com affiliate advertising on one of blog website. This website contains mostly contain health related articles and therefore a health niche . My question is that if anybody using amazon is promoting any product. If yes than what is the best product that can be promoted to the people who came to this website using amazon affiliate links of banners. Another point i want to ask is that is it better to put Amazon Banners or amazon links.

Now the second thing i want to ask is that what are the prospects of income and what is the usual cookie time if i send a visitor to amazon.com website and the visitor complete the sales next day will i still be getting the commission and how much commission i will get if i promote natural products like lime juice or some thing similar. Is commission ration on some item more than the other on Amazon Affiliate program.

Amazon cookie duration is just 24 hours and this topic has been debated very much but amazon have still kept it 24 hours although it is not good for affiliates but amazon do not care may be because its the biggest online store on earth.

This is just my opinion ok people ..... I don't think Amazon will ever care about affiliates like us and extend that cookie duration because who in this world does not know about Amazon. All someone has to do is type in the url and bam .... they are on amazon website itself so there is little or no need for amazon to have people like us market stuff for them. That is just how I see it and would like your thoughts on that.

If you want to make money with Amazon only using Text ad or banner ad then I'll say, it not possible to earn enough money even 10$ per month. You should promote product from amazon by product review through your blog and include product link. :)

As other's have stated, the cookie duration is 24 hours. The good thing is you get paid for whatever the person buys within that 24 hours, even if it's not the same product you sent them for (I once made a commission on a $5000 watch!).

As for commissions, you get paid a percentage of the product's price. This starts at 4% and increases up to 8% depending on the amount you sell.

Back