Alternatives to Google

kai_uk

In the unlikely event that google goes down, which search engine would you use to find things? Yahoo is now powered by Bing, but i find Bing doesn't find what i am looking for.

In the early days we had lycos, yahoo, metacrawler, msn, alta vista ... ... but now it's just google. What would you use?

I don't know, I personally just use Google as my search engine. Google doesn't usually go down so just wait until it goes back up. Google is probably the most famous search engine now. But if you really want to search something when Google is down then go on Bing etc. and search "search engines" and it comes up with loads of search engines.

Bing only powers Yahoo's paid search ads from what I understand. And further more, they don't supply all of their paid search ads worldwide, only in certain countries. That relationship was set to expire earlier this year, but they renewed it for one more year. It could be over with as soon as next spring if Yahoo decides to get back into the paid search space, which there is some evidence they are interested in doing. They already launched a new ad program earlier this year called Yahoo Stream Ads, so they may be getting ready to revamp their other paid search offerings.

Google are more attractive .Google are very best ..
These are some of the alternative search tools.
1 DuckDuckGo
2 Yandex
3 Bing
4 Blippex
5 Wolfram Alpha
6 Blekko
7 Naver
8 Pipl
9 Baidu

I really like the idea of Wolfram Alpha, but why the long, annoying name? If it was something shorter I'd give it a go. DuckDuckGo is good, quick and anonymous but still isn't quite there compared to Google.

Though there are many other alternative, the search results are barely up to the mark !!!
Yahoo and Bing are other search giants !!!

Literally, the majority of online user loves the Google's functionality and services. Even, I myself find it very helpful in terms of my line of job the online marketing and promotions. At the same time, I have been able to research, shopping and find trending entertainment. Really right now, I haven't seen any potential alternative to Google.

Back