Alternative To Photoshop

fiqoques

Can any body know what software is alternative to Adobe Photoshop. I am not a graphic designer by profession but some times times come when i need to touch and edit images slightly. I have not purchased license of Photoshop because its too expensive and also i do not have any significant use of it even i do purchase. I am looking for a software which may be under 100 dollars and is as powerful or at least comparable to Adobe Photoshop.

Also if you know of a complete free ware or for than matter any open source graphic designing tool it would be a great help for me. If you can suggest me more than one tool which can be alternate to Photoshop that would be nice as i can then install all of them on a machine and can see which one is most easiest and suitable for my purposes.

Personally i have used a website which is called FotoFlexer and this website is completely free and you have option of editing your images after you upload them. The main advantage i think with this sort of online photo editing service is that you do not have to install anything on you computer. Fotoflexer also offers dozens of effect and image editing options. If you are looking for something which you can install for free as an alternative to Photoshop than you can also try a open source software called GIMP which will give you many options for editing images.

I am interested on using Adobe photo shop alternative but i only have Mac operating system so please suggest a software for Mac too. I would prefer free ones only as i used designing software only once in a while.

Some great (free) alternatives to Photoshop are Gimp and Photofiltre. Both are downloadable through their respective websites. I personally use Gimp for all of my graphic design needs, because it is so similar to Photoshop and has some really great font options. The loading time for it is also very good, and it has some great filters. If you're interested in graphic design and need it for occasional business purposes, Gimp is a very great choice.

GIMP and Paintshop pro are very popular. Of those two, GIMP is free. I'm not sure why everyone likes to use Photoshop, it has such a big learning curve, with its layers and channels. It's really designed to be used in professional photography and other high-end applications. I know it's extremely popular in web design but there are better alternatives that don't involve the need for a lot of learning and cash. I love photoshop myself but it's taken me years to get decent at using it. One other option that's also owned by Adobe is Fireworks, which IS especially made for web graphics. Good luck.

I wouldn't use any Photoshop alternative that didn't have layers. They're pretty fundamental to editing images and creating web graphics. Without them, once you draw something on the canvas, it's permanent and cannot be re-positioned like layers can. Adobe does make a version of Photoshop called Photoshop Essentials which is about $100. There are also a couple of other commercial image editing apps which are a little cheaper, such as Photoimpact and Paint Shop Pro, but I think they both got acquired by Corel, so I'm not sure if they're both still available.

You must have learn by now that there are tons of software available as an alternative to Photoshop and GIMP is just one of the best one. But did you know that there's one that I think it hasn't been mentioned here and I find it valuable somehow especially if you don't want to spend for PHotoshop and its name is GIMPShop. Somehow its like GIMP and photoshop combined lol

try it here gimpshop.com

I use GIMP exclusively for my graphical work, I used to use Photoshop. I had to commit some time to learning how to do things in GIMP but now it's easy. The only problem I have is that sometimes people send me PSD files from Photoshop and although GIMP can import them, I find that there's often some slight problems with them, layers being in the wrong order is a common problem that I've faced.

GIMP and Paintshop pro are very popular. Of those two, GIMP is free. I'm not sure why everyone likes to use Photoshop, it has such a big learning curve, with its layers and channels. It's really designed to be used in professional photography and other high-end applications. I know it's extremely popular in web design but there are better alternatives that don't involve the need for a lot of learning and cash. I love photoshop myself but it's taken me years to get decent at using it. One other option that's also owned by Adobe is Fireworks, which IS especially made for web graphics. Good luck.

Photoshop is for professionals, that's why everyone uses it. I never used GIMP before, but Photoshop allows you to produce top-notch graphics, and there's really no reason for me to switch.

GIMP is really the only alternative out there that you can consider, but it doesn't really compare to Photoshop.

I don't do any heavy graphics. Gimp is supposedly the best Photoshop alternative. I like to use Pixlr. It's a free online graphics program. It's works great for small projects. Anything bigger, I usually pay someone to do it for me.

Photoshop is for professionals, that's why everyone uses it. I never used GIMP before, but Photoshop allows you to produce top-notch graphics, and there's really no reason for me to switch.

GIMP is really the only alternative out there that you can consider, but it doesn't really compare to Photoshop.

I disagree that it doesn't compare, I think both can produce the same results, the results that you get from either application depends on the ability of the user, not the software. I think this whole idea that Photoshop is the only thing that will give you professional results is just an excuse, exactly the same with Apple devices. It seems that when people have paid a lot they need a reason to justify it to themselves and others.

GIMP is free, both in terms of cost and more importantly, in terms of your personal freedoms. It also uses less system resources which I think is very important for any software.

They say that GIMP is best free alternative to Photoshop but I don't think it's true. I use Photoshop on my own and it's worth every dollar!
I'm not kidding, Photoshop is expensive piece of software but it gives you better experience and result.

Back