Advantages Of DNS Clustering

williamjones

I am thinking of DNS clustering to share load on two servers instead of one so was wondering if any body can tell me advantages of DNS clustering I will get with the speed and performance of my servers after DNS clustering is properly done. Also tell me what steps should be done to properly do it and then test it that if its working well.

I don't think there is a huge amount of benefits to be had with DNS clustering, unless you are hosting your own website. Remember if you do cluster DNS you should also have a mirror for your website. If one cluster fails and that is the one hosting your site, then even if the working cluster is running, your site will still be down.

A DNS cluster may be a variety of nameservers that share records. this enables you to physically separate your nameservers, in order that within the event of, as an example, an influence outage, you continue to have DNS practicality. This way, guests will reach websites on your server a lot of quickly when the {online|the net} server comes back online.

Back