Advantages of blogging in wordpress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wordpress has advanced to a regular blogging site, to an unlimited amount of possibilities. Wordpress can be used as a blog, a normal website, a photography website, and a lot more. If you're comparing Wordpress with something, I would choose Wordpress most of the time.

Wordpress is more flexible in terms of blogging. You have the ability to add different themes which makes your site look better, or you can optimize it so you can show ads in certain places. There's also another option, plugins. You can use plugins to see detailed statistics of your traffic, errors, and many more. There are also some plugins that do work for you, and help you when it comes to SEO.

Do you mean Wordpress as a platform or Wordpress as a free blogging service?

If you mean Wordpress as a free blogging service, then I would say the advantage is that it gives you first-hand experience with Wordpress, the platform. Wordpress, the platform, is, more or less, the default blogging platform or software. Why use Wordpress? The simple answer is that you can do just about everything with Wordpress.

I would assume that you are talking about WordPress as a platform. It has so may advantages over platforms like Blogger, Joomla and Tumblr. For the starters, it's more professional looking than it's rivals. Moreover, the number of helpful plugins that you can use and save your time is just endless. It's something you'd not find on any other platform.

Wordpress gives you option to expose your blog site to a huge wordpress community that will be looking for good content and something worth spending time. If you got an awesome idea or some quality content you will find a lot many people of the same interest. They will be your neighborhood visitor and you will get more traffic then any other blogging service

Wordpress gives you option to expose your blog site to a huge wordpress community that will be looking for good content and something worth spending time. If you got an awesome idea or some quality content you will find a lot many people of the same interest. They will be your neighborhood visitor and you will get more traffic then any other blogging service

I am not sure as to how one can get more exposure for his or her blog by just choosing WordPress as the platform? Please help me comprehend this phenomena.

My favorite advantage is the post scheduling feature. I will have days where I am in the mood to write something like 10 blog posts - then I can schedule them to post one a day and keep the blog quite active.

you have some advantages of blogging in world press as follows
user friendly interface, highly custmizable, seo friendly, Integration with other systems, create categories, spam buster

My favorite advantage is the post scheduling feature. I will have days where I am in the mood to write something like 10 blog posts - then I can schedule them to post one a day and keep the blog quite active.

That's one of the best things about WordPress. Write when you feel like it and then just leave it up to the automated system which will auto publish it on your blog at scheduled times.

For a beginner like me, it would have to be the overwhelming community, tools and support for it. I was seriously contemplating going with another platform, but a lengthy discussion brought me right back to deciding on WordPress.

Generally speaking, for people who are brand new to creating web sites, starting off with a Wordpress site is a big head start as opposed to building a site from the ground up in HTML, CSS, PHP and Javascript. You can focus more on the content and less on the technical aspects. Most functionality that you need to add to the site can be handled via plugins. You also have some basic control over the placement of your content via the Widgets panel. And you can easily customize the appearance of the site as a whole via free and premium themes.

Thanks, Ohio. You've given more ammo to me going with WordPress. I do want to ask you this: as I get further along with my site, would you suggest me still learning how to code so I can build something on my own, or should I just stick with WordPress if it's working rather well?

Thanks, Ohio. You've given more ammo to me going with WordPress. I do want to ask you this: as I get further along with my site, would you suggest me still learning how to code so I can build something on my own, or should I just stick with WordPress if it's working rather well?

Permit me to drop my 2 cent.

It really depends on what you aim to achieve. If you're not a webdesigner then you shouldn't bother about advanced coding. The question to ask yourself is this: how much will you make if you build your own site? If it is not productive, just learn the basics and leave it at that.

Building your own content management system from scratch is a pretty big project - especially if you want to get it up to the level of functionality that Wordpress has. Keep in mind Wordpress has been in development for over 10 years now. If you are really interested in coding I would suggest trying to create your own Wordpress theme from scratch. There are a number of tutorials out there that will show you how to do this and you will get a sense of the complexity and the amount of work involved with creating one. You will also learn a lot about how Wordpress functions on the backend in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back