Advantages and disadvantages of Windows Phone

rashidckk

People are much talking about Android and iOS but not about Windows Phone. I am an admirer of Nokia and now I want to buy a phone from Lumia series. But I don't have any experience with Windows phone and here I would like to know about advantages and disadvantages of Windows phone.

This is a problem for Microsoft, flexibility to make changes to Nokia in partial exchange for it adopting the platform. This saved Microsoft’s mobile life, but in the process cost it control: If Nokia can essentially skin Windows Phone to its own contentment, Microsoft is in a material way not in charge of the Windows Phone user experience and design.

Advantages of the Windows Phone
-The Interface on windows Phone
-Chat Windows Phone
-Speech Phone
-What's new account filter windows phone
-Linked Inboxes windows phone
-windows phone battery saver
-Apps connect and windows phone marketplace

Disadvantages of windows Phone
-No Bluetooth file transfers
-No USB mass storage mode
-No system wide file manager
-Music player lacks equalizer presets
-No multitasking (fixed in Mango)
these are some advantages and disadvantages of the windows Phone

-Chat Windows Phone
-Speech Phone

Thanks for the list. I have to ask, is that more of a limitation due to Microsoft or Nokia and whatever hardware company that is providing the phones. I can't imagine that Microsoft doesn't want their phone to become as much a part of a user's experience in their ecosystem as Apple has for their customers, so there have to be plans for all of this to be fixed, right?

I for one am yet to use any Windows Phone. I am planning to get one though. I hope it turns out to be a good one.

What I'm disappointed about the Windows Phone is that you can not use a custom tone for messages, the system also seems to be at the bottom of the pile when it comes to app developers rolling out apps, Windows Phone has NO betting apps

-Chat Windows Phone
-Speech Phone

Wow, those are some pretty big issues listed under the Disadvantages. I had no idea you couldn't multitask on Windows Phones until recently. That's also kind of crazy there is no file system or USB mass storage. I would return the phone immediately if I discovered this after purchasing it.

I'm not much of a fan of the interface though since I feel like it is a lot of wasted space on the screen - requiring a lot of extra scrolling.

Wow, I never knew that windows phone is so limited in the areas people mentioned above. But, I don't really think Lumia would be limited in some of the aforementioned but if it's, I really don't see myself paying for that kind of phone.

Wow, I never knew that windows phone is so limited in the areas people mentioned above. But, I don't really think Lumia would be limited in some of the aforementioned but if it's, I really don't see myself paying for that kind of phone.

I don't think it matters what modal phone you purchase, if it has a Windows Phone operating system surely they will all have the same limitations?

For the most part, yes. But, things like Bluetooth and USB transfer would be within the hardware, I believe. An app can fix the equalizer part. But, the software is the software.

Back