AdSense isn't a good monetization option anymore

John_graphix

Now that page rank is so hard to get through semi-legitimate means, you really need to be able to focus on building quality sites with quality content and furiously monetizing those legitimate havens of traffic. Adsense made a lot more sense during the days of massively distributed site building and overnight SEO!

You'd be hard pressed these days to put together enough traffic to make primary monetization from Adsense worth your time and effort, I think.

John_graphix i would not agree to you on this because i have tried many other option to monetize the traffic but no other way is successful as the AdSense . The main and most important reason monetizing with ad sense is good because Adsense have got huge inventory of ads and because it is a google product it have all the search engine history the user have been making. This helps adSense to show very relevanti ads and most of the ads it will show will have genuine visitor interest so it is still the best option.

Well I don't mean to be disrespectful, but all those things can be true, while Adsense can still be a poor monetization choice =\

The thing is you're not considering traffic volume vs profit per click... with Adsense it's just too low. They may be able to target well (and they may be famous for it, haha) but the problem is the payout just isn't high enough. Even ambitious people, unless they have massive traffic volume resulting from legitimate demand for their content, are only talking about making a few dollars a day from Adsense, and the people with mass legit traffic are looking for better ways to make money :)

I have also found that there is not as much profit from adsense as I though I would have. I am however using adsense until I get enough monthly visitors to get a guaranteed monthly check from individual companies wanting to advertise on my site. It is better to have something coming in than nothing.

They may be able to target well (and they may be famous for it, haha) but the problem is the payout just isn't high enough.

You're targetting the wrong keywords, then. There are keywords that pay multiple dollars per click, which is pretty significant on even a mid-traffic site. Like most things, there's always a difficult choice between the low-paid, high frequency end of the market (CPM) and the high-paid, low frequency option (AdSense).

If you have, say, 10k UVs a week and an awful CTR of 0.2%, those 20 clicks could make you several hundred dollars. But if you're on a keyword that pays 10c per click, you'd probably be better off with CPM or CPA. It depends on your market, really.

That said, I'd have to agree on the "easy SEO" side: AdSense was big money back when SEO was just a formula game. Now people really have to work to earn the revenue... which is a good thing, really, since it means everyone's getting more for their money except the people who just mass-produced spammy junk sites!

Unlike years ago, its easier indeed to earn through adsense. This is also the reason some webmaster engage in blackhat to earn. There's still no networks that's better than what they do these days. Buysellads though are becoming popular but still they don't easily accept websites in thier network even with tons of contents.

Some people move to infolinks and chitika especially after they got banned in adsense.

I do think that it is hard to make money with Adsense, because of continuous unique content and visitors.

But I don't think, this makes it loose its rank in the online money making programs. Still, there are people who are making good amount spending very few time for the same!

There is nothing wrong with adsense. It performs better on sites with more top tier traffic. You'll receive more money for your clicks, and a better CPM. There's still many sites that use adsense, and make a lot of money with it.

I think it's still pretty much fair game for everyone. If you make a great site that people need, they will flock to it and they will support you. Furthermore, if you can work well with selling your ads meaning you find a niche that will actually entice viewers to click on ads then you will have better monetization. I think the only problem is that there are millions of competition now compared to before, so a lot of the niches are saturated and taken up. Still, there will always be something new, and it will be up to you to grab the opportunity.

When we consider ppc networks only, Adsense is the best way to monetize websites. You only come to know the importance of Adsense when you use some other ad networks.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Adsense. If your site has low traffic, that is not Adsense's fault. It's your fault. Personally I am in favor of Adsense for a very simple reason. The ads served by Adsense are popular ads, so to say. I have seen some other ad networks serving up ads for products that's really out of this world. Out of this world as in not having heard of it.

Nothing is wrong with Adsense, it's Google's ranking algorithm. Adsense does not effect anything other than your earnings and has no effect on your traffic or page ranking. It could be that you're using blackhat techniques to rank up your website, therefore your page rank is very low. After all, Adsense is an ad network, and helps you earn money, not decrease your earnings.

Many webmasters are still getting very good money from Adsense. The thing is, it's so hard to rank on the first page of the search results now. Just a couple of years ago, ranking for longtail keywords is a piece of cake. Naturally, that translates to huge earnings. But now, Google's algorithm is a whole lot different. I would say that it has removed some really awful content on the web, but it's still far from being perfect. It takes a lot of effort and patience now if you want to see the numbers you were once earning through Adsense.

Personally it was never a good method for me, it took me something like four years to make £100. Plus when you take into consideration they are banning people for maybe breaking their rules in the future, I think they are going downhill. I'm making more money with Media.net now.

I'll check out media.net. On the other hand I know many that make a good amount from AdSense, I think it's about getting the right ads on the site and making sure they are relative to the content.

A lot of replies on this thread are in favour of adsense saying they make a lot of money for some sites. Does anyone know any example sites that actually does rake in a lot of money from adsense (besides EWD of course :p)?

Adsense will always be the best option to monetize your sites, There are other networks you could use in addition to adsense but aren't as broad. You can get pennies for a click on Media.net and then get up to hundred dollars from one click with adsense. In general, you should focus on building your brand.

Back