Will Bing Surpass Google

fissdos

Tell me guys what to do think that bing will surpass google or will be getting more queries than Google because this is what Microsoft is claiming these days. Microsoft is hoping that with the current windows 8 and the windows phones they will some how steal some share from Google by putting option like default search engine and using other small tactics like ease of integration in windows phone for bing.

What is you say on that and do you think we are going to see bing surpassing google and going to be number 1 search engine.

I don't think that Google will ever surpass Bing. Google is so well established, that it would probably take Google being deleted from the internet for Bing to surpass it. I think it's kind of funny how Bing thinks it has a chance at beating Google, when Bing still has to advertise itself on TV and around the internet. Google doesn't need to, because for most people "Googling" something has become a regular verb in their dictionary, and Google is the source of the almighty internet.

I beg to ask the question, "Why switch?" I'm not saying that Bing is bad or good. I'm saying that if Google Search is good as or is better (ignoring all privacy issues), why should I go out of my way to leave a very firmly established search engine to another one when they both can basically do the same thing.

Problem for Bing is that, it isn't a common word put in society like Google is. If you ask a normal citizen of a 1st world country and asked them to "Google" a word, they'd know EXACTLY what you meant and would hop onto their laptops and type into the search box of their web browser and get the answer and etc. I usually don't hear people saying "yo, BING it." :p

Bing will never manager to beat Google and become the number 1 search engine. Most people are so used to Google so why would they want to change. Google is also much more simpler and easier to use than bing. If Bing was ever to surpass Google, it would need to boost massively and progress quicker.

With the release of all these new products by Microsoft, i`m sure that they will increase their share in the search market.

But, Google is the major search engine and they will always be. Google Search is their main product and that`s what they are always trying to make better.
Microsoft on the other hand is always behind in invention.

I don't think that is going to happen in the near future. Google has a virtual monopoly in the search market so it would be very difficult for Bing (or any other search engine for that matter) to surpass it. Plus Google has a lot of cash so it can continuously invest it for research and development which its competitors can't afford to do. Even though Google does not return the best search results, people continue to use it since there is no decent alternative available.

No I don't see Bing ever surpassing Google. Google really does offer a lot more things overall for free then Microsoft does and Microsoft has always been known to have some issues with software and other things - such as Windows problems quite often. Google has been a name in households for many years as a search engine and yet Bing is something that some people still have never heard of.

Besides I don't see Google letting Bing surpass them either.

I do not think Bing will surpass Google anytime soon. I think Bing and Yahoo should pair up to have a chance at beating Google, but at the moment, there's no chance. The amount of users that use Google everyday is a lot larger than Bing and Yahoo combined. Like I mentioned, Bing and Yahoo should pair up, and start working on their algorithm. When visiting both sites, I find that the search results are very poor, and there is usually a lot of spam on the websites I visit. They also need to work on the interface since I think it's very cluttered on Yahoo, and very poor on Bing.

Bing surpass Google? Hmmm, maybe. Like when the sun rises in the west.

In cyber space, it's a very cruel world. Once a product has passed the point of critical mass, it's very hard to reverse the process. Take Windows for example. Much as I am not a fan of Microsoft, I don't see how computer users are going to leave Windows en mass. And as long as the majority of computer users are still using Windows, that's how long Microsoft will keep on selling it.

Ditto for Google.

Back