What is the Difference between CPM and CPA?

Starting your digital advertising journey, these are some of the basic abbreviations that one comes across.

CPM= Cost per Mile means advertiser got money paid when subscriber Ad appears 1000 times with impression on the advertisers web platform ore website.
CPA is called Cost Per Action it also, known as CPL or CPI (Cost Per Lead or Cost Per Install)

What is the Difference between CPM and CPA?

CPM will work better with high page views and click over the sites. for example an offer who will pay per CPM will be less Cost Rate of views than CPA that make the conversion to the promotion, I think the most popular way to get promotion is CPM but I prefer to use ads who pay me also with CPA in the case I will get high rate to my clicks and views.. one of the best network who offers the same model is Pubpush via Push notification, you will get both - impression per notification and cost per install/Action.

CPM will work better with high page views and click over the sites. for example an offer who will pay per CPM will be less Cost Rate of views than CPA that make the conversion to the promotion, I think the most popular way to get promotion is CPM but I prefer to use ads who pay me also with CPA in the case I will get high rate to my clicks and views.. one of the best network who offers the same model is Pubpush via Push notification, you will get both - impression per notification and cost per install/Action.

Can you explain about Push? the revenue paid by User Subscribers or views?

Cost Per Thousand (CPM)

Under a CPM arrangement, the advertiser agrees to pay the publisher a predetermined amount for every 1,000 ad impressions served. This effectively means that the publisher is compensated for every ad shown.

Cost Per Action (CPA)

This is the different pricing model from CPM because it's requires even more steps to be completed in order for the publisher to be compensated. Under a cost per action (CPA) campaign, the advertiser pays only for clicks that subsequently see visitors complete some specific action. This action can be a purchase of a product, download of a document, sign-up for a newsletter / membership, or countless other steps.

Back