How To Succeed Being An Online Seller In Ebay

notsolome

There are a lot of people today who are engaging into online business rather than renting a space or an establishment to sell their products. Common reasons include more convenient and more time, effort and money will be saved. One of the most popular sites that people join to sell their products is the ebay.com. However, not every seller in that particular site is successful in selling online. Fortunately, there are some tips on how a seller can succeed in ebay.com and here they are.

1. Post Photos - Not uploading photos is actually one of the most common mistakes that online sellers do. A picture of the product will gain more interest from potential buyers. Not posting photos may give potential customers an idea that it is a fake or a scam. Take a picture of the product and post it on ebay along with the details so that customers can imagine as if they are seeing the product personally. This will help the seller to gain more potential buyers and they can eventually become a trusted seller.

2. Research - Before posting the product, try to research about it especially when in terms of price. Get all the detailed information about the product and compare prices from other sellers who are selling the same product. Try selling the product on a much cheaper amount but this should depend on how long the product has been used. If the product is brand new, it is highly recommended that the seller should place a cheaper amount compared to local stores.

3. Cost of Shipping - Other than the price of the product, the seller should also know that shipping costs and what is the best type of shipping based on the kind of product that they are selling. Shipping costs should be posted along with the product price. There are other sellers who will post a "no shipping fee" sign but they actually have added it on the product price. This is known to be an effective marketing strategy to attract customers.

4. Know About Search Engines - The seller should do some research about the power of search engines so that they can come up with a well-written ad. This is to increase the chances for their product to be seen by people who will surf the net thus, also increasing the chances for their product to be sold.

5. Payment Options - When selling a product, the seller should give the customers a variety of payment options such as through credit card, paypal or directly from the customer's bank account. This is very effective in getting more bidders who are interested in purchasing the product.

6. Feedback - The seller should take a look at what their customers have to say to them. Feedback is important so that the seller will know if they are doing well in selling online. More positive feedback will give them a good reputation in ebay.com and more online shoppers will mark them as a trusted seller.

7. Be Professional - An online seller should talk to their customers as if they are running a traditional type of business and as if they are talking with the customers face to face. This will also increase the reputation of the seller in ebay.com.

Seller on Ebay

Good work and informative post for the tips about Selling Products on Ebay.
I like two points more 'Know about Search Engines' & 'Feedback'.
These tips are helpful to increase sale on Ebay.

Re: Seller on Ebay

I can't emphasize enough the importance of having good pictures. I have found that taking my photos outside give more true to life color and less editing in photoshop. I like to take at least 3 photos but probably more is better. I'm a clothing seller so I take the front, back and the tag.
I also use a dress form or mannequin for difficult to display items.

Last edited:
Interesting Post-- Thanks

First of all, thanks for the imformative post with these tips. I am just starting to sell some basic things on eBay and I hope to put these tips to good use. Before I had spent a lot of time buying things on eBay, but I just now started to sell things because I wanted to get rid of some of the clutter in my house, again thanks for these tips.

Great tips! I'd also like to add that you should ship as fast as you can. Customers will always prefer the one who can ship the fastest. Even from a consumer point of view you would understand how excited you would get just waiting for a package, and waiting for a long time is just becoming more and more obsolete, everything is instant nowadays so if you want to survive as a seller you have to keep up.

Thanks for the great tips! eBuyersReviewed.com can also help you stay safe in the eCommerce world! Report BAD BUYERS or screen one before you ship.

Make sure you read the policies of the websites from where you want to shop. Check out all the details so that you may know if a certain product is worth buying.

Last edited:

There are a lot of people today who are engaging into online business rather than renting a space or an establishment to sell their products. Common reasons include more convenient and more time, effort and money will be saved. One of the most popular sites that people join to sell their products is the ebay.com. However, not every seller in that particular site is successful in selling online. Fortunately, there are some tips on how a seller can succeed in ebay.com and here they are.

1. Post Photos - Not uploading photos is actually one of the most common mistakes that online sellers do. A picture of the product will gain more interest from potential buyers. Not posting photos may give potential customers an idea that it is a fake or a scam. Take a picture of the product and post it on ebay along with the details so that customers can imagine as if they are seeing the product personally. This will help the seller to gain more potential buyers and they can eventually become a trusted seller.

2. Research - Before posting the product, try to research about it especially when in terms of price. Get all the detailed information about the product and compare prices from other sellers who are selling the same product. Try selling the product on a much cheaper amount but this should depend on how long the product has been used. If the product is brand new, it is highly recommended that the seller should place a cheaper amount compared to local stores.

3. Cost of Shipping - Other than the price of the product, the seller should also know that shipping costs and what is the best type of shipping based on the kind of product that they are selling. Shipping costs should be posted along with the product price. There are other sellers who will post a "no shipping fee" sign but they actually have added it on the product price. This is known to be an effective marketing strategy to attract customers.

4. Know About Search Engines - The seller should do some research about the power of search engines so that they can come up with a well-written ad. This is to increase the chances for their product to be seen by people who will surf the net thus, also increasing the chances for their product to be sold.

5. Payment Options - When selling a product, the seller should give the customers a variety of payment options such as through credit card, paypal or directly from the customer's bank account. This is very effective in getting more bidders who are interested in purchasing the product.

6. Feedback - The seller should take a look at what their customers have to say to them. Feedback is important so that the seller will know if they are doing well in selling online. More positive feedback will give them a good reputation in ebay.com and more online shoppers will mark them as a trusted seller.

7. Be Professional - An online seller should talk to their customers as if they are running a traditional type of business and as if they are talking with the customers face to face. This will also increase the reputation of the seller in ebay.com.

Superb information, and also E-Bay conducts some online training programs on how to become a seller through E-bay. Thank you ! have a nice day.

Attachments

• JSS-001.jpg
    JSS-001.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 0
  • JSS-002-A.jpg
    JSS-002-A.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 0
  • JSS-003.jpg
    JSS-003.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 0
  • JSS-004.jpg
    JSS-004.jpg